Monday, August 18, 2008

 

Weekend in Ellijay

My sister and I headed to Georgia this weekend and spent a couple of days with our aunts who live in Ellijay. Aunt Janice and Aunt Karen -- my dad's sisters -- own Strings and Sticks Yarn Shoppe and this was my first time to see their store since it opened. (I posted about it here.) It was SUCH a nice weekend. Their house is in the mountains (MY FAVORITE!!) - and out of cell phone range, so it's a good getaway place. (I'm sure the Aunts probably had that in mind when they moved there from busy Atlanta.)
IMG_8160
a very dark picture taken inside a diner where we had lunch on Friday
Me & Aunt Janice -- the older sisters


IMG_8159
and another dark one of baby sisters Karen and Mendy

IMG_8164
Mendy walking with Granny - we spent a couple of hours visiting with her on Friday.
Mendy is excited to be giving Granny her first great-grandchild.

IMG_8169

IMG_8187

IMG_8181
They had an activity at the center where Granny lives -- making ice cream. She thought it was silly, so I shook the Zip-Loc bags for her and then she enjoyed ice cream.

IMG_8199
Then we went to the yarn shop where we spent a lot of the rest of the weekend.
(More on that in my next post.)

IMG_8204

IMG_8205

IMG_8213

IMG_8218
That may not mean much to most of you, but let me tell you -- this yarn is the best I've put my hands on. Hands down. If I ever worked at a place like this, I would make no money. I would spend it all. Every bit of it.


IMG_8276
And in unrelated news, I finished this blanket yesterday.

Labels: ,


Comments:
You sound like me when I'm in a quilt shop or fabric store... It's all so heavenly and beautiful and I want it all! Glad you had a good little trip!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]