Monday, February 16, 2009
In honor of Kyle Polk, near Valentine's 2009
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? a DVD of some sort. If it's the middle of the day or early evening, it's probably Arrested Development or Flight of the Conchords. If it's later in the evening, a movie.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Haha. Kyle eating a salad. RIGHT! But he does like ranch and/or honey mustard for his chicken strips! :) And blue cheese dressing on chicken wings.
3. What's one food he doesn't like? Bell Peppers. I know this because he really tried to eat a stuffed pepper I made for dinner on Friday night. (Quote of the night: "It's so ... robust. No wait, it's really bland. I don't know. I can't decide!")
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order? Dark beer. The darker, the better.
5. Where did he go to high school? Wade Hampton ... the one that's actually in Hampton.
6. What size shoe does he wear? 12 or 13
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? He likes for pepperoni to be included. And spicy mustard.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could? Chicken fingers!!
10. What is his favorite cereal? Honey Nut Cheerios
11. What would he never wear? Short shorts. Seriously. I doubt you'll ever see the man's knee. And CERTAINLY not anything above his knee.
12. What is his favorite sports team? Sports? Hahaha. Put that one up there near "salad" and "bell peppers" on his list of favorites.
13. Who did he vote for? He found out too late in the game that he couldn't vote. LAME!! (He would've voted for Obama, though.)
14. Who is his best friend? Andrew Brown, Chris Brown, Clay Jernigan ...
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? be lazy. (?)
16. What is his heritage? POLK. Around here, people say, "Hampton Polks or Islandton Polks?" and that's all you need to know. (The answer is a little bit of both, but we won't get into specifics.)
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? He doesn't really eat cake. He likes my mom's Milky Way cake sometimes. He really likes ice cream, though! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Coffee flavors are his favorite.
18. Did he play sports in high school? Nope. But he was in marching band!!
19. What could he spend hours doing? Playing drums. Tuning drums. Watching videos about tuning or playing drums. Painting.
20. What is a unique talent he has? He is very good at putting up with me. It takes incredible amounts of patience! And I'm not kidding.
We called the Hampton County Voter Registration office (where he's voted only once before ... when John was running for County Council years ago) about a month before Election Day. They couldn't find his voter registration information. Said he'd have to re-register. Well obviously, we'd have done that in Moncks Corner, not Hampton, but it was too late. You have to be registered a month in advance, and we had just missed the mark.
So, mostly lame on our parts for our lack of forethought. Oh well. He'll be ready for next time! :)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]