Thursday, January 29, 2009

 

An Update

I had an appointment yesterday with my midwife. She came highly recommended by my sister-in-law. And with good reason. She is sooo sweet! And answered all my questions thoroughly and put me at ease about the concerns I was having. It was just a consultation, so ... no tests or "fun stuff" like ultrasounds or heartbeats or anything. But I have an appointment on February 25. I'll be at 14 weeks, and we'll hear the heartbeat for the first time.

The biggest outcome of yesterday's meeting was a prescription that has proven (already) to be quite handy. Reglan is my new drug of choice. No more nausea!! I feel a ton better already! I haven't been very faithful on the ol' blog lately because I feel like all I would've done was complain. I've been pretty sick this whole time. So hopefully that's behind me and we can move forward now.

In some ways, it feels like time is creeeeeeeeping by. I'm sure I'll be surprised how quickly my 14-week appointment will come up when it does get here. But, gosh! February 25 seems soooo far away!!! And August!?! A lifetime. I try not to get overwhelmed by all this, but in so many ways, I just want the baby to be here. I don't want the process.

I don't want the aches and pains and sickness. I certainly don't want the labor and delivery! (OUCH!)

But I've already learned that there's a reason for this preparation time. Every part of the process is developing Kyle and me into a team that is working together and making plans and learning to appreciate each other on whole new levels. I'm sure this will come in handy over the next few months (years?) of my hormonally-challenged-ness. :)

Labels:


Comments:
my question is this...what was your old drug of choice? weed, meth, crack???

"cocaine is a powerful drug" - Rick James
 
Travis, I've had to lay off most things lately. You know ... being pregnant and all.
 
My 1st pregnancy crept along too, but the other 2 just fly by because you have so much more to think about with other kids running around. Just embrace these "firsts" and try to remember as much as you can because you'll look back and see that it actually did fly by=)

I'm so glad you found some legal drugs that ease your nausea=) Hooray for modern medicine!!!

You and Kyle are going to be GREAT parents...
 
i fluctuate between feeling like it's flying by to "what in the world, already!!"... but you're so right - the first trimester is eternal.

i'm so glad you're starting to feel better!
 
I know that you're one of the few people who sometimes visit my blog to see what I'm up to, so I wanted to let you know that I've finally settled my blog identity crisis, and I have PERMANENTLY moved to www.theslightlyirregular.com. If you feel like, check me out there from now now, and not at my old blog. Thanks...and I'm glad you're not getting sick anymore.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]