Tuesday, April 8, 2008

 

Things I Hate, Part 1

I don't know that this will ever become a regular spot on My Life as a Novel, because I don't think there are many things that I legitimately "hate". But this one needs to be said.

For the record: I hate the word "tender".

I've heard it coming into frequent use in the vocabularies of some of my friends. I hate it. Usually it's used in this type of an instance:
Me: "Angela told me to tell you your hair is superbly awesome."
Friend: "Aw, that's tender."

"Tender" is for meat, not moments or compliments.

For your use in coming up with some other way of saying "that's nice" without using the word "tender", please refer to this website:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/tender

Thank you.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Let it all out, you are amoung friends. I really enjoy these tender moments.
 
:-P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]