Friday, February 29, 2008

 

SPLAT, explained

I am a fan of blog-reading. At some point in the last couple of weeks, I stumbled across the blog for this guy who is a worship leader at a church in Buckhead, Georgia. His blog, I have come to recognize, is more of a "community-reading and commenting experience" than most that I read, and I've been sucked in.

In a recent blog called "Splat Your Tat", he asked all his readers to send in pictures of their tattoos and he would post pictures. Well I think he got more than he bargained for. 81 tattoos. So he posted pictures and asked us to link from his site to a place where we could explain our tattoos.

And since they were posted on Friday, I'm just now getting around to it.

And this may be boring to you, but ... skip it if you want to.

ritapolk-1-tm

I used to tell Kyle that if I got a tattoo, it would be on top of my foot and I would probably like to get an orchid. This started the summer after we were married. Two years later, in March of '07 we were planning a mid-week "mini-vacation" to Atlanta for a concert and to hang out with some friends. Kyle called "his" tattoo artist and asked for a recommendation. Hands down, Jay recommended Demian at Liberty Tattoo. So we called him up, met with him on Wednesday morning, and, by Wednesday afternoon, I had a tattoo.

Word of warning: These are links to tattoo sites. I make no claim stating that the images in these links are appropriate for all ages.

FAQ:

Q: Didn't that hurt?
A: Yes. Absolutely. And it was swollen and difficult to walk on for at least 2 weeks.

Q: How long did it take?
A: Just under 2 hours, I believe.

Q: Why an orchid?
A: Because I like them.

Q: Why on your foot?
A: Because that's where I wanted it.

Q: You work at a church, right? Is this a problem?
A: No one's made me "take it off" yet, so I'm guessing not. The closest to a "complaint" I've ever heard were these ladies who came into my office and I had to show them something in the sanctuary. One said to me as we were walking down the hall, "Boy, times are changing when the secretary of a Southern Baptist Church walks around with her tattoo hanging out." I laughed.

Is this enough information? I hope so. :shrugs:

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]