Thursday, February 14, 2008

 

Posted Purely for the Embarrassment of my Husband

In honor of Valentine's Day, I submit the "How Did You Meet?" survey. (It's the short version of this post from my old blog.) Enjoy.

1. Where did you meet?
My Story: The summer after my 7th (his 6th) grade year, he sat behind me in a choir at a music camp we both went to. I maintain he shot spitballs at me all week. He swears it was Jesse.
His Story: He doesn't really remember meeting me until after Anna and Chris started dating. Anna and I were "groupies" for their band.

2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
I may kill him. :)

3. Do you remember what he was wearing?
No, but I'm sure it was at least 5 sizes too big.

4. Where was the first time you kissed?
The first time he kissed me was on the way home from the Niagara Falls trip. It was the summer after my 11th (his 10th) grade year. I was asleep and it didn't work out so well, but my heart certainly jumped into my throat.
The first real time was in the Horton-Tingle parking lot at NGC(U) several years later.

5. How did he ask you out?
When we dated in high school, it was more out of convenience. Anna and Chris were together, so we were always together anyway. Might as well.
When we got back together in college, he said, "If we get back together, this time it's for good. So take a couple of days and let me know." I didn't need a few days.

6. Where did you go for your first date?
Seriously? I have no recollection whatsoever. Our early "dates" were often Pizza Inn and a movie. In college we saw a lot of movies and went out with Kenny and whoever he was dating at the time.

7. How long did you know him before you became a couple?
Depends on who you ask ... We were friends for several months, I guess.

8. Has he ever proposed to you?
Yep. He told me he didn't want to be my boyfriend anymore. It was very "romantic".

9. Do you have kids with this person?
Nope. Recently (as in, last week) he told me, "Rita, if you're ever ready to have kids, you're just going to have to be very honest with me. I don't know that the idea will ever occur to me, 'Hm. I think I'd like to have a baby.'" Fortunately, I think we're in the same boat there.

10. Have you ever broken the law together?
Not like the "actual" law, but some NGC rules, for sure.

11. When was the first time you realized that you liked him?
A couple of weeks after we broke up (senior year of high school).

12. Do you get along with any of his exes?
If he had any, I'd probably hate them. (just being honest)

13. Do you trust him?
100%.

14. Do you see him in your future?
Absolutely.

15. What’s the most expensive thing he has given you?
I guess that'd be my ring(s). It's(They're) lovely.

16. What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves?
Sleeps in the middle of the king-sized bed ... and STILL steals the covers.

17. What is one thing you do that gets on his nerves?
Don't wash his socks.

18. Where is he right now?
At work until 5, I understand.

19. Where do you see yourselves 15 years from now?
He's going to be a famous musician and we're going to be living on a tour bus, driving all over the place being famous and rich. :)

Labels: , ,


Comments:
This was fun. :)

I particularly appreciated that you didn't "realize you liked him" until after you broke up. That's the way life often goes...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]