Friday, April 13, 2007
The bug finally bit. It took a few weeks, but to my defense it is only just starting to re-heat up. :)
So when Spring started for the third time this year, my tardy Spring Cleaning Bug finally arrived and last night, I found myself in the Cleaning Products Aisle restocking my depleted supply. Carpet freshener, bleach, dish detergent, furniture polish, and Clorox wipes.
I had a commitment after work last night, so it was already 8:30 when I got home from the store. I knew I wouldn't want to be up late, so as soon as I walked in the door, I started rockin' out room after room. I:
- Put in a load of dishes
- Put in a load of laundry
- Sorted all the rest of the dirty laundry
- Sprinkled the carpet freshener in our bedroom, the hallway, and the studio
- Cleaned the sink and kitchen countertops and the table
- Scrubbed down the bathroom sink, tub, toilet, and floor
- Vacuumed the bedroom, hallway, and studio (mmmm … my house smells sooooo much better now!)
- Changed the filter in the air conditioner thing
- Dusted / Polished every horizontal surface within my reach in the living room
- Cleaned the laundry room which, for the most part, included hanging Kyle’s jackets back up in the closet, sorting through John’s junk and hiding it in a closet, and sorting the laundry that was put in there … mysteriously … by some deranged person who thinks dirty clothes belong in guest rooms
Now today when I go home for lunch, I will:
- Fold a load of laundry, wash a quilt or two, throw them over the back fence for drying in the sun, and then put in another load
- Sweep the bathroom, kitchen, and living room
- Swiffer the bathroom, kitchen, and living room
- Take out the trash
And later this afternoon, when I get home from work, I will:
- Dust the guest room
- Sweep / Swiffer the guest room
- Put clean sheets on the bed of the guest room
- Clean off and sweep the front porch
- Marvel at the cleanness of my house while I prop my feet and wait on KAREN to come!!
I just love how your house/apartment feels for the first couple of days after spring cleaning (and how you can actually appreciate the outside and sunshine through freshly cleaned windows).
Downsize starts about a month later when everything is back to square one without the spring cleaning energy.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]